Our Reading curriculum is designed to instill a lifelong love for reading in our children. Reading is a fun activity to learn and socialise. Our program is full of activities centered around reading that is aimed to promote early literacy skills, including alphabet recognition, phonics, and comprehension.
We have a library at all our centres and all of them are filled with well-loved children’s story books and award winning children’s literature which provides children with many opportunities to increase their language and communication skills.
With a love of reading as part of the curriculum their vocabulary and appreciation for the written word will grow as they read and listen to a wide range of educational story books from our libraries. We want our children to transition to school with confidence by engaging with them in a wide variety of experiences.
Amongst our children we want to lay down the foundation for the love of learning and the ability to develop skills in a positive, safe and fun environment.
Benefits of Reading:
- Children who are read to from a very early age develop a lifelong love of reading
- Children who read often and widely get better at it
- Reading exercises the brain
- Reading improves concentration
- Reading teaches children about the world around them
- Reading improves vocabulary and language skills
- Reading develops a child’s imagination
- Reading helps children to develop empathy
- Reading is a fun activity
- Reading is a great way to socialise
- Children who know how to read achieve better at school